Stock photo agencies have their own limitations when it comes to using their images. Just like the rest of them, PixelRockstar also have its own set of rules. However, the site removes the common limitations that traditional image sources have. All in all, here are the only prohibitions in the use of the images of the stock photo site:
- You cannot use the images in sexual or hate context. Pretty much all stock photo agencies do not allow the use of their images in sexual or hate context, especially if it involves photos of people. The same applies with PixelRockstar. You cannot use their photos in illegal or sensitive context. If you are in doubt of your purposes, feel free to contact the team.
- You cannot use the images to convey illegal messages. The stock photo site does not allow you to add hateful, sexual or defamatory text of any kind. Sensitive and illegal messages are prohibited, too.
- You cannot sell, share and distribute the images. Most stock photo agencies prohibit the selling, sharing and distributing of images, including PixelRockstar.
- You cannot use PixelRockstar imagery for physical products. This means you cannot use the images on print or other physical use such as t-shirts and mugs. You cannot use them on printed products like eBooks and magazines either. The license is limited to digital use only, so you can use them on your blog or social media accounts only.
Since we mention what you cannot do with stock photos for blogs, we may as well talk about where you can use PixelRockstar’s images. The custom digital license lets you incorporate the images on your blog and social media accounts, and use them forever. That’s right! You can use the high quality images in any project for as long as you like – provided that you abide with the terms and conditions of the stock photo site.
An Adobe Stock license allows you to use the images and footages anywhere in the world. Since the stock site is accessible in most countries and available in 20 languages, you can search for the perfect image to jumpstart your creative project easily and fast. The license never expires, too. You can use the images anytime you need.
Where can you use Adobe Stock photos? You can use them in:
- Social Media Sites
However, you cannot distribute the Adobe Stock photos by posting them online or any way that would allow other people to use them without getting their own license.
Here are the three types of license offered at Adobe Stock:
- Standard. This type of license allows you to create 500,000 copies of the Adobe Stock photos in print, software, and digital documents. The number of audience allowed for broadcasting is 500,000 too. You can also create products for resale such as t-shirts and coffee mugs.
- Enhanced. An Enhanced License essentially have all the rights that a Standard License include. The only difference is that this type of license removes the 500,000 copy restriction – meaning you can create unlimited copies of the photos. All videos and premium images come with an Enhanced License.
- Extended. An Extended License provides all the rights granted by an Enhanced license, plus unlimited copies and production for resale.
Note that these licenses are only applicable to individuals and Creative Cloud teams only. If you wish to purchase Adobe Stock photos for your enterprise, you need to contact the stock site. If you are not sure which license to get or if you need an upgrade from Standard license, you can too. Just open your license history page.
Although the stock site is relatively new to the industry, it offers premium quality Adobe Stock photos that will surely enhance your creative projects. It has one of the largest image libraries in the market, so you can be certain that you will find what you are looking for.
Are you looking for cheap stock photos for your blog posts? Stock photos are a great way to spice your blog. They enhance the appearance of your website and make your content more powerful as well. In fact, 80% of people are willing to read content with colorful visuals. If you are regularly posting photos on your blogs once or twice a week, it can get expensive. Thankfully, there are a number of sources of photos in the market.
If you are looking for affordable stock photos, you have two options. You can get them for free from the search engines or pay a small amount to cheap stock photo sites. We always recommend getting your photos from a reputable stock site. Do not be tempted by the free images you see in the Internet. In most cases, they are a liability. You may save a few bucks from them, but they will cost you huge if faced with copyright issues.
If you already have your budget in mind, you can browse through different stock sites to find whichever suits your needs. Some websites offer individuals cheap stock photos, you can check some here. Some allow you to subscribe for a month or a year. Others offer both. Some of the best stock photo sites in the market today include:
- Shutterstock – has a huge selection of high quality photos and vector. Its search and filter tools are also top notch in the industry.
- iStock – has a huge library of amazing photos. It also has great search tools and average pricing.
- Stock Photo Secrets – has a search curated image library. It offers millions of hand-picked premium royalty-free photos at very affordable rates.
- Getty Images – can be pretty expensive, especially for novice bloggers. However, the stock does have one of the best libraries in the industry.
- Depositphotos – boasts a vast library of high quality photos, robust search tools, and very affordable pricing.
We’re sure that there many others in the Internet. You just have to find whichever works for you best. Some agencies even offer bulk pricing. Of course, the desirability and quality of the images are not always equal. But, the stock sites we listed above have vast libraries of high quality content. What makes a photo attractive differs from one person to another. It is important that you get what you think your blog readers, visitors and target audience can relate to.
While there are plenty of free photos in the Internet, they come with a certain risk. That’s why we always recommend cheap stock photos from your preferred stock photo agency. There will always be one site that suits your creative needs and budget. Just take the time to find it. Start with our list above.